Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wonderwall

I hate the band Oasis. Seriously hate. Their songs are damn close to pure torture. And the all-around douchey-ness of the Gallagher brothers doesn't help. But what it comes down to is their whiney, nasally, god-awful horrible voices and those terrible songs that make me twitch.

Tonight I was at the grocery store and some dude was listening to Oasis' song Wonderwall. How do I know? Because the dude were listening to it on a speaker. There he was, pushing the grocery cart, listening to Oasis, turned up so everyone could hear it. It was like an ice pick to the ear drum.

At first I thought it was the musak. Then I realized it wasn't. I had to restrain myself from telling him that that song made me physically ill. And who the hell did he think he was to put all those around him through such horrible torture? Instead I just got what I needed and got away from him as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, everywhere I went, no matter how far away I got away from him, all I could hear was that damn song.

No comments: