Sunday, February 10, 2013

Kitten Update

So, the kittens. They're closing in on six months old, and they're great.

Boris is a cuddler; Ivan likes to sleep in a box in the closet and wanders out when he wants attention. And then he gets annoyed by it. They are still on track to destroy everything I own.

And for the first time since I got them, they are no longer taking medication. They both had upper respiratory infections. Then I noticed a weird, rough spot on Ivan's back foot, so I took him to the vet. Diagnosis: Ringworm. I had to put ointment on it and give them both this tuna-flavored medicine I had to get from the human pharmacy. So, yes, my cat has an account at the pharmacy and is listed as my dependent. Ringworm is contagious so I had to treat both of them (eventually, they both had it).

And then, I  found out they had some sort of internal parasite and required a different type of medication. So I was giving my cats two types of medication twice a day. for two weeks, but the ringworm medicine went on for two months. Yes, two months, twice a day. Luckily, freaks that my cats are, they loved it.

Boris is a meower; Ivan makes this weird cooing, squeaking noise. Boris can't stand not being the center of attention; Ivan is a spaz. Ivan plays in the litter box. Yes, gross. He squeaks and coos and rolls around in the litter box. Freakazoid. Boris just wants to be picked up.

They've grown. They're awesome. And they make me happy.

Say it with me: Awwwwww

I went away for a week and they doubled in size. 

More Awwwwwwww

Yawn or kitten domination?

No comments: