Yes. Still here.
I've had a few things to blog about but when I tried to put it together in my had, it never worked. Plus, I've been busy. And tired. And exhausted.
A few topics:
A friend's wedding. A good friend married the woman I have been calling his wife for seven years. After two kids and a mortgage, they decided the time was right. I almost didn't go because the wedding was the same weekend I moved and the wedding was in Seattle, but I knew I needed to be there. I'm glad I went. It was small, low key and nice. In some cases, those might be seen as bad, but they aren't. It was everything it should have been, no less, no more.
Got mostly unpacked. Then stopped. I got about 90% unpacked and then just stopped. I haven't even tried to finish. Someday I will. But when I was in Ye Olde College Town I had one box I never unpacked. It was open, I kept looking at it, but for 3.5 years, it was there, mocking me and my laziness. Now I have three boxes behind my couch, some baskets sitting under my kitchen counter, and two boxes of shoes in my bedroom. Someday, I'll unpack them. Maybe.
I still love the new place. A lot. Even more than when I first moved in. The big thing: I'm sleeping better. My other place was super stuffy and lacked fresh air. And the bedroom faced a walkway. I would regularly wake up in the middle of the night and not know why. And this is weird because I was one of those people who would sleep through loud, rocking thunderstorms. In my new place? Lot of fresh air and quiet. And all of a sudden, I'm sleeping better.
Comcast still sucks. I was able to work out a decent deal with them and lower my bill. Awesome. The person that handled that told me to call her when I was getting ready to move and she'd take care of it. I did, and she said it was taken care of... and that she would waive the move fee. Did she? No. And then I paid my bill, assuming my account number would stay the same. But with the move I have a new account number. And a bill for almost $300. Why? My move fee was not waived. And I am being charged for two months because the payment I made shortly after I moved (which was not for the past month, but for the future month) seems to have disappeared into the ether. So I call back the person who "took care of it" and she tells me she merged my accounts. Which apparently means nothing. And I am still being charged for a month I already paid. How much time have I wasted trying to get answers? More than I care to admit.
No comments:
Post a Comment