Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pet Store Conversation

Actually, it's a feed store downtown, but they mostly sell pet stuff.

I stopped by on Saturday because they have cat trees, and I have been wanting to get one for the cats. I'm tired of Ivan climbing the kitchen cabinets so that he can hangout in the highest point in my apartment.

Anyway, I picked up some cat food and whatnot, I asked the stoner at the checkout counter if they had a delivery service. The pet trees are huge and while one *might* fit in my car (but probably not), I wouldn't be able to get it up my stairs on my own.... so I thought I'd ask.

This is what happened.

Me: Do y'all deliver?
Stoned Check-out Guy: No, we don't. Sorry.
Me: That's too bad, I've been wanting to get a cat tree but it won't fit in my car, plus I can't get it up my stairs on my own.
SCG: Well, maybe if you knew someone with a truck....
Me: pause I don't know anyone with a truck. If I did, I wouldn't be asking if you delivered.
SCG: Well, we always have them, so if you ever meet anyone with a truck you can get one.
Me: pause...pause Yeah, okay.

This when I wanted to ask: Are you high? But decided it would be better for me to just leave.

1 comment:

Mary said...

This sounds a lot like the guys that work at the feed store in my town...who may also be high.