So, last night's Project Runway. I feel kind of "eh" about it. There are still too many people to figure out who is good and who sucks. I also felt like they spent too much time focused on the Vincent and Angela (was that her name?) drama. Blah blah blah.
So, design a dress for Miss USA. Man, the pageant guy just about broke down in sobs when the challenge was announced. I think everyone expected him to do well, but I think it is good that he knew he was not a lock. Angela was pretty crazy for trying to horn in on the guy. But he and Robert Best? Wow, that was almost too gay, even for me. L ove it though. I like both of them for their personalities and for their designs (at least I like Robert's do far, and I have seen his Barbie designs).
Vincent? He is still batshit crazy. Really. I mean, he totally shut out Angela. He kept up with his "I'm the team leader" crap. And while his design was nice for its simplicity, it was poorly made and boring.
Malan. Oh, my Malan. I figured they'd keep him around for the drama, but I guess they have Vincent for that. That dress was just butt ugly. I don't know what he was thinking but Tim Gunn was right when he said it looked like a log. I felt sorry for the Girl from Target (she reminds me of almost every single female I knew in the Midwest). But, honestly, I was surprised to see him go. And I didn't like him due to his fake accent and weird rat eyes, but I felt sorry for him. Part of my wonders if he made that crap up about not having any friends and his mom throwing his deisngs on the floor to get sympathy, thoug. Anyway, I love seeing the cocky assholes go home.
The redheaded woman who looks like a 12-year-old boy wearing his mom's clothes? I like her. Every week I like her more. I really liked her dress. I like that she chose what's his face (Michael?) because he would challenge her and question the things she would normally do. Her dress was very simple, but it was classy. Yes, I like her.
The guy with the neck tattoo? He has got to go. I am already bored with him and his designs.
3 comments:
I think Kayne and Robert should have their own show. They were big fun.
Log, indeed.
Project Kayne and Robert.
Project Barbie Pageant
Project G-g-g-g-g-ay.
Television Without Pity referred to Robert as having an "Uncle Nick vibe."
The redheaded architect is who I'm rooting for after these first 2 episodes. Vincent's harmless brand of crazy is irritating but less upsetting because there's no pretense of sanity, whereas the brand of crazy that 'Malan' was selling is not just infuriating, but frightening in that "It-puts-the-lotion-in-the-basket" kind of way.
Post a Comment