Sunday, February 25, 2007

Wisconsin v Ohio State

I'm a fair weather Wisconsin Badger fan. I will follow scores but I won't sit down and watch an entire game (football or basketball) unless it's important, or they're playing the Hawkeyes. So today it was No. 1 Wisconsin against No. 2 Ohio State in Columbus--that was important enough to watch. It was a tense game--and low-scoring. Final? Ohio State 49, Wisconsin 48. The bastards. Ohio State is going to be the top in the Big 10 in both football and basketball. I hate them.

I went over to M & N's to watch the game. GW and NM were also there. During the first half, UW center Brian Butch was injured. And by injured I mean his elbow was dislocated -- at least that is what it looked like since his forearm was hanging funny and he was pretty much screaming. Then they showed someone on the bench trying to pop it back in. Of course, being with a bunch of boys, we had to watch it again. And again. NM and I pretty much acted like girls (even though NM is a boy), covered our eyes, squealed, and turned to the side. M had to keep replaying it... But, then in the second half, one of the UW players lost his contact and had to put it back in. What happened? M had to get up and turn around. He can watch a guy's elbow pop out but he can't see someone stick his finger in his eye. What?

Boys are weird.

No comments: