Is awesome. I didn't get to see much of it, but what I did see I liked. I was staying downtown but never really had the time nor the energy to move far from my hotel. Me feet hurt and I was tired.
Hung with the Nathan and the E-Rok for an evening. Kevin called and we passed the phone around so everyone had a chance to talk with him. We went to a local Thai place that was really good, but I don't know where it was or what it was called--so don't ask.
It was muggy when I got there but not too bad. But today? Ohmygoditwashot. I walked around a few blocks around my hotel and I can't remember the last time I sweat that much. It finally got to the point where I knew I had to get into some air conditioning before I passed out. I wandered into this Mexican trinket store and bought an awesome garnet ring. But the thing is, my fingers were swollen and now that I am no longer outside in the mass of humidity that is Texas, the ring is too big for me. D'oh.
I went to Las Manitas for lunch. Had avocado and cheese enchiladas. It is one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. Damn, it was good. By that time I'd had it with the heat and went back to my hotel to enjoy the AC before the airport shuttle picked me up.
Thing is, I checked the temps in Memphis? It's hotter there than here.
Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment