My love of the Packers is well documented on this blog (and to anyone who knows me). I spent close to ten years in Wisconsin, three and a half of them 60 miles west of Green Bay. I have been to Green Bay. I watched the 1998 Super Bowl (Packers-Broncos) during a snow storm in a bar in Green Bay. I worked for a company that owned a skybox in Lambeau (but I wasn't important enough to use the skybox). I have driven by Lambeau field.... but I have never been in Lambeau. I have never seen the Packers play live.
Y'all, that is all about to change. I'm headed back up north (and then up nort') next month. I'm gonna visit Madison, I'm going to see some friends, and then said friends and I are going to Green Bay to tailgate (woo! Boca Brats and beer in a parking lot!) and see the Packers-Redskins game on October 14. Yes, I once lived 60 miles from Green Bay and never made it to a game (and couldn't afford the tickets), and now I live in the deep south... I just forked over the money for the ticket, and I am flying back to Wisconsin for a game.
Three more things I can cross off my to-do list:
See the Packers play in Lambeau Field.
Tailgate at Lambeau.
See Brett Favre before he retires.
No comments:
Post a Comment