Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things that Make You Go Hmmmm...

Things I saw yesterday:

Two people (students?) on campus wearing animal costumes. Not regular clothes with cat ears or a dog nose, but a full-length furry animal costume. Two of them. Together. I passed them as I left the union. They were talking about random things that most college students talk about: make ups, break ups, whatever drama was in their life at that moment.

A chicken. May not seem all that strange, but it was a chicken running around the exterior walkway of my building. I ran into a young woman just moving in and she asked me is this was normal. Um. No. At one point the chicken had a stand-off with this odd girl who also lives in my building. The chicken was perched on the handrail of the steps, cackling (or whatever chickens do) and flapping it's wings. I went outside a bit later and the chicken was gone. My guess is that someone in the neighborhood raises chickens for eggs and one got loose. But still. There she was. A chicken wandering around the building.

No comments: