I had this long post about Rush Limbaugh, the GOP, and the Right's recent attacks on women by attempting to take away the option of the birth control pill from women. This confused me since The Pill has been available as a form of female contraception since 1960, and I didn't understand why, fifty-plus years later, all of a sudden The Pill was evil.
Then I remembered that The Pill gave women the ability to live fulfilling and successful lives by being in control of their reproductive choices. And women being in control of their lives seems to terrify some men. That's pretty sad.
And based by his ongoing use of the term "feminazi" and how he uses it to describe women he disagrees with, Limbaugh is terrified of strong, successful, intelligent women. This was pretty obvious when he called Sandra Fluke a slut and prostitute and continued to make obscene speculations about her sex life. I feel sorry for someone who lives his life in that much fear.
Despite my sympathy, Limbaugh's comments, and the actions of the GOP (and in this I include the members of the GOP who wouldn't condemn Limbaugh's comments and sentiments), pissed me off. They were a personal attack.
But instead of posting a big, long post about the GOP, Limbaugh and the bigger meaning of the word, "feminazi," I decided I wanted to keep it simple and just say this:
Dear GOP:
You woke a sleeping giant. We will not take this sitting down. If you want a fight, we will give you a fight.
And we will not lose.
Thank you for reminding us what is important to us. And by the way, we vote.
~Women.
P.S. Fuck off.
4 comments:
Hear, hear Sister!
Tell it!
I've been trying to figure out how to put my outrage over all of this into words succinctly and without rambling. Thanks for doing it for me, and AMEN, sister!
My original post was a rambling mess. I had a hard time trying to sum it up as well, mainly because it pissed me off so very much.
Post a Comment