Sunday, July 15, 2012

What's Making Me Happy This Week: Appreciation Day

What's Appreciation Day, you ask? It's a day when "each and every world citizen takes the time to say the nicest possible thing to each of the treasured people who surround us." This came from the mind of Stephen Thompson, NPR Music dude and Pop Culture Happy Hour contributor. It's simple: Say something sincere about people in your life.

Much of this is going on in the Twitterverse and you can follow it here: #AppreciationDay. And you know what? It's pretty fucking awesome. I sent out a few tweets. They were haphazard but heart felt. And I admit I felt a little silly at first, but the responses I got from were so great, I sent a few more. And then I wished I would've had more time to send more out. Or that more people I'd like to appreciate were on Twitter.

But I have to admit, seeing people Tweet such heartfelt thanks and appreciation to people in their lives, makes my cold, cynical heart grow a few sizes.

So, to all four of you who read my blog: Thanks for coming along for the ride. Most of you have been part of my life since I started the blog, and my life wouldn't be what it is now without you in it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, right back at you, librarian. Next time you're in Hollywood give a call, I live in the Valley. JEnny