- I slept for twelve hours. There is something about going to Mom's house that allows you to sleep for twelve hours. It was awesome.
- I had a Moscow Mule, and it's my new favorite drink. I'd heard of it but never had one. Mom took me to a new vegan restaurant the night I arrived. I wanted a drink, but nothing super sweet and nothing as heavy as a beer. Our waitress suggested a Moscow Mule. It's ginger beer, vodka, and lime. And it was awesome. I want one right now.
- I bought this postcard (and a tshirt to match from the Raygun store in Iowa City. It's a picture of Iowa with a star over Brooklyn, Iowa under the words "No Sleep 'til" (You know, as in No Sleep Till Brooklyn). I bought it for several reasons. People rarely believe there is a Brooklyn, Iowa. There is. I know because growing up I spent big chunks of my summer there. Brooklyn is the closest town to my grandma's cabin. We'd go into "town" for groceries and mudslide ice cream sundaes.
- It snowed. It made me happy.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Iowa Weekend
Yes, I was in Iowa for a few days. Again, the reason isn't important. A few things I did:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment