Let's talk about soap.
I have bad skin. Terrible skin. My mom has a lovely peaches and cream complexion. My dad had bad skin. Ruddy, rough, blemish-prone skin. Unfortunately, I inherited my dad's skin.
Growing up I tried all kinds of things. I tried all the various forms of zit cream*, cheap soaps, department store skin treatment, and pretty much everything. Nothing really worked until I found Dress Green a few years ago. Lauren, the woman behind Dress Green, used to live in town but has since moved to Detroit. I heard about her in my knitting group when someone told me she made grapefruit-scented lotion, and I am a sucker for scented anything.
I visited her store and found out she also made soaps. Because my skins is terrible and fairly sensitive, I was wary of trying someone new, but she has a charcoal-based soap that was supposed to help blemish-prone skin. What the hell, I thought, I'd give it a shot.
And you know what? It's awesome. Seriously awesome. Her Clarifying Activated Charcoal Soap is the best facial soap I have ever used. It is the only thing that has kept my skin clear. And it is the only thing that hasn't dried the hell out of my skin in the process. I have some of her moisturizer, too, but I rarely use it as I have found I usually don't need it. And just recently I tried her Green Science Face Mask (and when she says it smells like the sea, it smells like the sea). In addition to these two things, I am also an avid user of her shave bars. They moisturize and are so much nicer than shaving creams and lotions.
Other things of hers I have tried: Her lip balm (it melts if you carry it in your pocket, so I don't really use it), her perfume sticks (pink grapefruit, of course) and her body butters and creams.
Lauren is pretty awesome. Her products are great: all-natural, vegan, and totally not expensive but would be worth every penny if they were. I can't say enough good things about her and her products. So, if you're looking for facial soap, perfume, lotion, or just some gifts, check her out over at Etsy.
And by the way, this was not a "sponsored" post, I just really like her products and wanted all four of my readers to know about her.
No comments:
Post a Comment