Sunday, October 6, 2013

Catching Up

So, my life has calmed down a little. Well, it wasn't really all that hectic, but there were a few things that had become big time sucks. When I wasn't working on the time-suck project, I was thinking about it. And being a midwestern half catholic, trying to do something relaxing or "wasteful" when I knew I needed to work on the time-suck project made me feel guilty.

Well, the time-suck project is done, and this has been the first week without the time-suck project dragging me down. And even though for a time I only worked on it while I was at work (it was a work-related project), I thought about it while I was doing other things. And once classes started, I only worked on it on the weekends.

But now it's over. And just knowing it is over has been much more of a relief than I thought. It's no longer the dominant thing in my head (but it's still there), and I don't have to plan my weekends around it. So, over the last week I have gone back to my more normal do-whatever-I-want schedule.

This is what I have done:
  • Watched TV, both semi-smart and incredibly dumb
  • Had dinner with friends
  • Gone to our local indie-theatre twice where I saw In a World (awesome) and Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me (it dragged at times, but it was still good). Have I ever mentioned how much I love our little indie theatre? I do. It was a shitty little rec-room-like theatre that has morphed into a two-screen center that is pretty great. 
  • Dragged out my knitting projects
  • Watched football
And right now I am sitting outside on my little landing/balcony enjoying what is probably one of the last sunny weekends of the year.

I love having do-whatever-I-want time.

No comments: