Watching
Friends on Netflix. I will not apologize for watching Friends. I was 25 when friends started and as their lives changed, so did mine. Sure, I was living with my mom in southwest Wisconsin and not some fancy apartment in New York and my urban family/friends were spread across three states, but as I went through my 20s and 30s, I went through many of the same thing life phases. I struggled to find a decent job. I dated some unfortunate me. I found a career and then left that career. As friends came to an end I had been out of library school for less than a year and was settling into my second career and new town.Friends is on pretty constant syndication rotation, being able to just binge watch or pick and choose episodes is cool. And all these years later, what really stands out? Matt LeBlanc and Lisa Kudrow. Both of them are pretty amazing.
Jane the Virgin. I cannot get over how much I like this show. So very much.
Reading
Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. I have been reading this off and on for a while. It's a book of essays so it's easy to start and stop. In some cases, I am fairly sure she is in my head, especially the essay about being a first-year professor.Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I've had this book on my ereader for awhile, but I finally got around to reading it. I am so sorry I wanted so long. It was sweet and wonderful and really great.
Funny Girl: A Novel by Nick Hornby. I haven't read it yet. I haven't even purchased it yet. But I will be, soon.
Listening
No Cities to Love, Sleater-Kinney. I don't buy much music anymore and don't put a lot of effort into finding new music. But when Sleater-Kinney announced their new album last fall I pretty much freaked out. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was so worried I would be disappointed. Then it was released. Was I disappointed? Fuck no. And I have been listening to it almost non-stop. A month after it was released and it is still the only thing I want to listen to when I go to the gym. I cannot get enough of it. No Cities to Love, New Wave, Bury our Friends, and Hey Darling are the four songs I keep going back to. And as much as I love Carrie Brownstein and Corrin Tucker, Janet Weiss kicks some serious--and I mean some SERIOUS--ass on this album.And I have ticket so see them in May. I CANNOT wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment