I have never had Tofurkey. It really kind of weirds me out. Not sure why, but it does. What does a vegetarian do on Thanksgiving? Stuffed acorn squash. We're doing it a bit differently. A friend is cooking the squash, and I am cooking the veggie stuffing.
I am heading to a friend's house in an hour or so. It'll just be two or three of us, but that is all I want. I am wearing my PJs. I plan on eating too much and relaxing.
And the requisite "What I am thankful for" list:
My family. My brother, my sister-in-law, nephew and three nieces. Those kids are the best birth control ever. I love them dearly, but after a few days I usually have to find a place to hide. My brother is an amazing guy. Level headed and funny, he has been a rock the last few months. My mom. My mom puts up with my brother and I and all the shit we give her. She once told me she thinks we turned out so well just to spite her. We turned out so well because of her. She makes me laugh on a regular basis. She bought a new computer, learned how to burn CDs, listens to Dylan, and yesterday she used "TTYL" in one of her emails. The woman will be 63 in a month.
My dad. Well, I posted something about my dad when he died. I miss him, but I am grateful for the time we had together. Through all the arguing and fighting, we loved each other. He did the best he knew how. When we were kids, he tucked us in at night and bought us the junk food my mom wouldn't let us have. He was a good man. My stepmom and stepbrothers. I have known my stepmom for as long as I remember. We haven't always gotten along or agreed on things, but she made my dad happy. My stepbrothers are good kids; I'm thankful that I have been able to be their big sister.
My friends. I would be screwed without my friends. They amaze me. This year I needed my friends more than I ever have, and they have been there for me. Drunken nights out, crying over food, watching terrible movies while making snarky comments, late night phone calls, stupid text messages... Yesterday MT and LS "kidnapped" me from work. We went to a nearby town for lunch (and margaritas) and shopping. I needed that (and they knew it). As I look for a new job I often wonder if I am crazy for leaving such a good group of people.
And my cats. I hate to get sappy about pets, but they're my boys. I'm glad I have them.
So, to everyone who is part of my life, thank you. I betcha I appreciate you more than you know.
3 comments:
ok...I am the mother she speaks about. If you want to know the truth....email me.
How can anyone email you if you don't leave your email address?
Hope you had a good time this Thanksgiving. It sounds like y'all had fun.
Post a Comment