Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is there anybody out there?

Does anyone read this thing? I don't post anything for two weeks and no one seems to notice.

I haven't posted anything because if I did it would be me whining about my job, this town, etc., and I didn't want to do that. I even let the election, the wondrous election, go by because I didn't want to whine about my job and this town. I even let the divorce of Britney and K-Fed go without mentioning it.

Election
Praise Bob, the Democrats took back the Senate and the House. It's a slim margin, but I don't care. For the first time in a long time I had faith in the American people. And Rick Santorum?! I was at MT's house with some friends when the announced he had lost. M and I let out a big and loud "WOOOOO!" That's awesome. I don't think Bob Casey is that great, but he isn't Rick Santorum.

Russ Feingold announced on Sunday he would not run for president. If I still lived in Wisconsin I wouldn't want him to run because I wouldn't want to lose him as my senator. And if he ran he would be a major underdog. When it comes down to it, I have no problem with him not running -- I think he can do more good in the Senate than he could as president.

Rumsfeld
Ding dong the witch is dead the wicked witch is dead is dead. Okay, he isn't dead but he is on his way out. Thank god. Makes me wonder if the election would've turned out differently if he had resigned before November 7. Robert Gates is his replacement -- yet another appointment from the Reagan and George HW Bush era. Why?

Britney
I have no clue why I care that she filed for divorced or why I find it so entertaining. Maybe because K-Fed was a big ol' loser and she finally realized it. Or maybe because she alone is such a train wreck that I can't stop watching.

Me
I need a haircut. Badly. Seriously. It is too long. Way too long.

The furnace guy is here to find out why I don't have any heat. It hasn't been super cold, yet. I think the lowest it has gotten at night is the 30s, but I want to get this fixed before I really need the heat.

No comments: