Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sloth

This is my weekend of pure laziness and sloth. This is the first weekend in a month that I haven't been preparing for or traveling to an interview--and it feels great. I should be cleaning and doing laundry since this place looks like I haven't been here for a month, but I don't feel like it. And laundry? Ugh. I should also take my interview clothes out of my garment bag, but I just can't bring myself to even look at them. (And on the subject of interviews, the amazing thing is that out of three interviews only one still interests me.)

So, I have a weekend free from thinking about the future of librarianship. How to make information available to a specific user group. How to use subject-specific databases. And what am I doing? Nothing.

Yesterday I did the requisite Saturday crap--after sleeping until 10:00 am. Then the gym and the grocery store--where I found Leinenkugel's beer. I finally had the time to play with the USB turntable my mom gave me. And you know what? It it so incredibly awesome. And for the first time in years I have been able to listen to Athens GA Inside/Out.

Last night: The Hives. I know! The Hives in this one-horse town. But they were in town recording their new album and it was the lead singer's birthday. So they played at this local craphole of a bar. Me and my closest 200 friends packed into the place to see the like-dressed Swedes tear the place apart. And I got a drumstick. It was loud and raucous and my legs hurt and I sweat more than I do when I am at the gym--and it was awesome. Reminds me why I like live music so much.

Today? More lying on the couch. More playing with the USB turntable. My discovery of the day? That they actually made a Beverly Hills Cop III--and I'm watching it.

No comments: