I don't know when Father's Day is. I usually don't. I know it's in June. My dad's birthday was the last day of June, Father's Day is in June. June was the month I'd talk to him twice in one month. Or I'd call him during the second half of the month to wish him happy birthday and Father's Day.
I wasn't really paying attention this year, and, honestly, I kind of forgot about it until yesterday. I was with some friends at Target, and they were looking for Father's Day cards. It kind of hit me right at that moment. It's almost Father's Day. Father's Day is in June. Dad's birthday was June 30. June 30 last year was the last time I talked to Dad. He called me to tell me my uncle--his brother--had had a stroke. Twenty-seven days later my brother called to tell me Dad died.
So, it's closing in on one year. That knowledge has been in the back of my head for a while, but I was trying to ignore it. I don't think that will be possible. One year. Thing is, it feels like it was yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment