Friday, June 1, 2007

Scene/Seen at a Local Bar

Group of loud, drunk Southern Women surrounding a large Southern Man wearing a pink Ralph Lauren button up over a white tshirt and wearing a baseball cap backwards. I wondered if he was a large gay man since he was surrounded my a gaggle of loud, drunk women, but I don't think so. This is the same man I encountered at the bar while I was getting a beer. He was standing behind me, stroked my hair and said, "You have such pretty hair" (another thing that made me think he might be gay). I said "thank you," quickly walked away, and demonstrated to my friends how this odd man was touching my hair.

This group got louder and drunker as the night went on, and I was kind of obsessed with them. I think the already-thick accents got thicker.

One woman had her shirt tucked into her pink underwear--the underwear that was pulled up higher than her pants. I almost took a picture of it.

Another one was putting on mascara without looking in the mirror (this observation was reported by ME).

Another one kept telling the large man she was "so into" him.

The man kept holding and kissing the hands of the woman putting on the mascara.

Another woman did not want to sit on the swing (it's a table under an awning with four swings--we were all on the back patio of a bar), so she moved a chair to where the swing was. The mascara woman tried to wrap the swing around the post holding up the awning. It took two times to get it to work. It involved a lot of drama.

The man proclaimed that he was a "sissy" because he couldn't do an entire shot. Then he talked about "how good" the shots were: a mix of vodka, apple juice, amaretto, and grenadine.

Maybe he was gay.

No comments: