A fun-filled trip to Wisconsin. I spent almost two days in Madison where I realized what I missed the most about Madison were people that wear green shoes, pink argyle socks, and rolled up jeans--and they were normal. Oh, and the fact that in one weekend you could have both the Wisconsin Book Festival and the Atheist Convention (Freedom from Religion Convention, actually.) I taught a non-native Madisonian how to get around town (me, of all people). I gave her a list of reading material and restaurants. We hit the Farmer's Market, bought some fresh cheese curds and lots of baked goods. Drank either a Spotted Cow or Sprecher Amber with every meal.
Between Madison and the Packers game: I forgot how entertaining a trip to Fleet Farm could be. Notice the offer on the web site to redeem your deer pelts for either a $10 or $6 coupon. Ah, Wisconsin.
Packers game: Much beer-soaked fun. I will have pictures and more details later. Right now I am recovering since I didn't get home until almost 10pm last night. And... I am pretty sure I caught a cold from someone while I was up north--it could be one of three people. Bastards.
No comments:
Post a Comment