Yes I am.
Yesterday morning I dragged my tired ass downtown for the annual art/craft/music festival. I don't think I went last year. Honestly, I can't remember. These things all blend together, and I can rarely tell one year from the other.
See, I don't like crowds. I'm not agoraphobic or anything. Maybe I should say I don't like crowds at this specific gathering. I have a serious problem with people who stop in the middle of the flow of festival traffic to talk. This happens a lot around here, and when it happens it is often difficult to get around these people. Sometimes when I get stuck behind some almost-retiree who has to stop and ask someone how their momma is, I want to tell them that the rest of us backed up behind them don't give a flying fuck how their momma is. Now, I will admit that some of the problem is me. I tend to space off and not notice what it directly in front of me. When that happens I usually run into the person in front of me--the one who stopped to talk about her momma.
So, yesterday I went in the morning to miss some of the crowd. I ran into some friends on the way, so I hung with them while their kids played in the kiddie area of the whole shebang. A bit later I ran into some other friends and wandered off with them. It was the same thing it has been every year: the people with the wooden spoons, the guy with the pan flute, paintings, photographers, etc. Maybe this is why I didn't go last year: I feel like I've seen it all before.
I did buy some sock yarn and double-pointed needles. As God as my witness, I'm going to learn to make socks.
At some point I was with Sweet Pickles trying to make our way to the booth with the wooden spoons and bowls. This group of six or seven college-aged boys had gathered in the middle of foot traffic. I got stuck and finally made my way around them, all the while muttering about how they needed to move. As Sweet Pickles and I made our way to the booth I told him I was surprised that people here would just stop in the middled of foot traffic to chat. Or just stand, Or whatever. I was surprised because Southerners were supposed to be so polite and blocking traffic is not polite. Sweet Pickles said something along the lines of, "Well, we may be polite, but some of us are just plain dumb." He said it, not me.
So, why am I lazy? I came home yesterday and fell asleep--for like two hours. I eventually made my way to a friend's birthday party. So far today I have made breakfast, napped, and well, that's it. I am completely unmotivated. So what do I do while I sit on the couch? I think about what I need to do over the next four weeks before I move. Do I do any of them? No. Because that would take motivation. And I don't have any.
3 comments:
Sweet P. can say that, because he's Southern :)
I think you should forgive yourself for the sudden onset of lazy considering the rain we had on Sunday. That sucked.
Rain is always a good excuse. Always.
Post a Comment