Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wasted

Okay, so yes, I love Camper Van Beethoven. Today I found a live video of them doing "Wasted."



"Wasted" is off of the classic Telephone Free Landslide Victory, and I love it for this lyric: "I was a punker / I had a mohawk / I was so gnarly and I drove my dad's car."

That lyric totally sum up my friend Jason. I knew Jason in high school. We met in junior high, actually, but then we went separate ways and didn't talk to each other again until I was a senior in high school. Jason was a skater. Jason talked me and several friends into going to our first local hardcore-ish show. Jason was a good fried. And when he was acting like an ass, I was usually the one who said, "Dude, you're being an ass. Stop it." And he did.

Jason had dirty blond hair and looked like an older version of that kid in REM's "End of the World (and I Feel Fine)" video crossed with Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Jason thought he was cool. And he was a punker. And after we graduated from high school he dyed his hair black and got a mohawk (and it was a nice mohawk). And he drove his dad's little brown Nissan pickup truck. And he sure thought he as gnarly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried, but I just couldn't shake my ass to this. Or snake to it.

Yankee Librarian said...

it isn't ass-shaking music. But you can pogo to it.