I don't want to hear about how you miss the game. You knew this was going to be hard; you knew it would be hard to see everyone getting ready to play.
So, now you are telling the Packer Organization you want to come back. Rumor is you weren't ready to make a decision but the management put pressure on you--so you made a decision. A decision you are obviously not happy with. And as much as I would love to see you play again, and as much as I would love to see you as quarterback when I go to the Seahawks-Packers game in Seattle this October, please grow up and stick by your decision.
I still think you are the best quarterback to ever play the game. I think you can still play. But Brett, you know what? All that bullshit about you being a Packer and all? You know like when you signed that contract all those years ago and all that crap about how you would end your career as a Packer? Well, I guess it was just you talking out of your ass.
If the Packer Organization decides to keep you and bench Aaron Rodgers for one more season, well, I can't say I'd be unhappy because I love watching you play. But Brett? I swear if you go to the Vikings or Bears I will never forgive you. I'm sure the opinion of one Packer fan doesn't mean much, but you will be breaking the hearts of the Packer Nation.
And, if you go to the Vikings or Bears, I don't know if I will be able to wear my No. 4 jersey. First, I had a Chmura jersey until he was arrested for sexually assaulting a 17-year-old in a bathroom during an after-prom party (moron). Then I get a No. 4 jersey thinking it's a safe bet--because you were a going to end you career in Green Bay. And now this. Make me wish I'd picked up the Gravedigger's (that's Gilbert Brown for those of you not in the know) jersey when I had a chance.
The emotion at your press conference? I think it was real. I think you have real affection for the Packers. I believed you. We all did. I don't think you faked the tears. I wish you'd been sure this is what you wanted. You've been a Packer for 16 years. By now you have to know how emotionally attached Packers fans are to their team (andit is our team). If you leave and play for another team, the Packer Faithful will be disappointed. If you leave and play for Minnesota, the Packer Faithful will probably boo you when you come back to Lambeau. Do you want that? Do you disrespect your fans that much?
You're an amazing player, Brett. You lead this team well. I'd be happy to see you lead it again, if only for my own selfish satisfaction. And while in reality you don't owe the fans anything at this point, the Packers Organization owes you nothing for jerking them around like you have.
I wanted to see you go out on top. Unfortunately, I don't think that is possible anymore.
Yours in disappointment,
YankeeLibrarian.
No comments:
Post a Comment