For my screen. I don't think you understand how much I want this screen. It's 60-some odd degrees outside, and I am sitting in my apartment, sweating. Why? Because I can't enjoy the lovely marine breeze because I have pets and no window screen. Granted, my ginormouos window (that overlooks the bay) faces west so when the sun sets it gets warm, and I just finished cooking in a teeny apartment... so it's hot in here. But still, if I wanted to sit around and sweat I could've stayed in Mississippi.
I watched the results show for Canadian Idol last week. And you know what? No obnoxious product placement. No sob stories about each person. No Searcest dicking around and talking about fuck knows what. And the judges chose one (or two?) people from each night (I think there were twenty people left so they do ten a night for two nights) to sing their songs again. Then they call out the bottom two from each night and send two or three home. I think. As you can tell my memory is a bit fuzzy. But it was much less painful than the American version.
Oh, and speaking of Mississippi (kind of), I miss my friends. So, y'all, I do miss you. I don't miss the heat. Or the bigs. Or the politics. Or the small town. But I miss the people.
Oh, and I thought of Sweet Pickles and his bathroom Saturday. At the farmer's market I saw some older, tall skinny dude wearing a cowboy hat and a Texas state flag button-up shirt. And I though, "Ah, it's like the Texas bathroom."
2 comments:
Maybe Texas bathrooms are sweeping the nation!
you are missed!
Post a Comment