Okay, it took me a while to warm up to Flipping Out on Bravo because I couldn't stand Jeff Lewis. It's not because I thought he was an ass (he is), it was because his OCD made me uncomfortable. But after catching several episodes last season, I look forward to this season.
Why? Where Jeff Lewis used to annoy me, now I find him high-larious.
The first episode tonight is a perfect example.
His new assistant tells him to call Chris. He calls Chris, it's the wrong Chris. He tells her he needs last names when working with anyone names Chris because "it's a common name." The assistant said she didn't know all this (the multiple Chrises and the need of last names) when she told him to call. Jeff's response? "You didn't know Chris was a common name?"
Even better, Jeff then tells his assistant to call Cathy Shepard for him. And he said, "See, I gave you her last name because Cathy is a common name."
Love him.
5 comments:
I frickin' love this show. Jeff Lewis is one of the great untapped comedic geniuses of our age.
I didn't realize how insanely funny Jeff Lewis was until I caught the follow-up show at the end of last season.
"You know what else is a common name? John."
Also, I love the new assistant kid who has to win a game of checkers on his phone in the morning before he can get out of bed.
God, this show is hilarious.
Yes! The "intern" Jeff told needed to work for him for five years. The same one who said he didn't need time for lunch because he ate yesterday.
I loved the intern's checkers excuse for being late because Jeff accepted it--that kid is as OCD as Jeff is. If the intern had said he forgot Jeff's 165-degree coffee because he had to stop to pull someone out of a burning car, Jeff would've asked why someone who was already dead or would soon be dead was more important than him--because he was alive and he needed his coffee.
Just as awesome? The completely serious conversation the two of them had about the different types of white.
Let me say it again, I effin' LOVE this show.
Post a Comment