That's the sound my TV started making tonight. At first I thought it was my radiator. It clicks when it gets going, but when I saw the TV screen flutter each time it clicked... I knew it was the TV. It got worse each time I turned it off and on.
My TV is only five years old. In the world of major electronics, that isn't very old. I unplugged it. And then it kept clicking for almost twenty minutes. From the barely literate posts I can find online, it sounds like it is a circuitry thing. Great.
I have a ten-year old 20" TV in my bedroom. I don't have cable in my bedroom, so it just sits there. I figured I'd swap them out and decide what to do this weekend. Because do I really want to spend a few hundred dollars on a TV? Do I have a few hundred dollars to spend? Not really, because I just spent my stash money on a handy little netbook (and yes, I love it). Honestly, I can live with a 20" TV, but now I can't get the cable hooked up to the cable jack on the back of my older television.
I know, I should use this time without TV to think or reflect or read or some such thing. But I don't want to. I make absolutely no apologies for my love of television. I enjoy television. I learn from television. I don't care that watching crap like Tabitha's Salon Makeover is killing my brain cells. I watch some non-stupid stuff, too. Okay, not that much, but some.
*sigh*
It's too late to worry about this. I'm going to put my older twenty-inch TV back in my bedroom, put the clicking TV back in it's spot, take my iPhone and go curl up in bed.
Thank god for technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment