Monday, December 7, 2009

Tee Vee

My cable box has been fucked up for several months. I don't know what happened but my Comcast On Demand doesn't work. Yeah, I know. Comcast is evil, blah blah blah. But I love my On Demand. And until it was gone I didn't know how much I used it for catching up on television shows and movies.

I've called Comcast once and done the chat "customer service" a couple of times. I've been given different answers from every person I have talked to. I eventually made my way to a nice guy in tech support, who laughed when I told him what all the other customer service people told me. After trying several different things it became apparent that the cable guy would have to come out to replace the box. *sigh*

Not wanting to waste an entire afternoon waiting for the Comcast dude to bring me a cable box I decided to finally get a ti-faux. AKA, a Comcast DVR.

I am ashamed at how excited I am about my new Ti-Faux. Ashamed.

4 comments:

Just Jess said...

You will never go back! Ti-faux is the most amazing invention since PVC stripper shoes!

Yankee Librarian said...

Wow... and PVC stripper shoes are pretty damn amazing.

Mary said...

I'll admit to daydreaming about getting a DVR a few times...it seems like all the shows I'd like to watch seem to cluster on the same nights of the week. At least now that we've got the satellite dish, I can use the guide on there to find repeats and stuff...but the idea of commercial-free TV is pretty glorious. Congratulations!!

Yankee Librarian said...

I've been using a combo of Comcast On Demand and Internet to catch up on things. But when my On Demand didn't work, that wasn't always an option. Now it is fixed... But, I will admit the few shows I have recorded (Daily Show and Colbert Report were the first two series I selected to record) and watched, I forgot to fast forward through the commercials.