- Given the wrong information at the reference desk.
- Forgotten the stupid, simplest things that I should be able to recite in my sleep (and probably do, it's when I'm awake that it's an issue.)
- Scheduled a meeting I planned for next week for November... because I can't seem to use a calendar.
- Rearranged my schedule for an off-campus meeting only to find out after waiting in their office for fifteen minutes that the meeting was next week. In the meantime, I sent an email to the person I was supposed to meet asking if I had the location correct.... And then I sent her an email telling her to ignore my previous email. Because I'm an idiot.
- Gone the wrong way down a one-way street.
- Gotten into a verbal argument with a printer because of a paper jam. Supposedly, I was supposed to removed the left part to remove the paper jam, but there wasn't a left part to remove. And yes, I know it wasn't a real argument since a printer is an inanimate object, but I was talking to it and verbally responding to the directions on the screen. ("Remove the left part? What left part? There isn't a left part you piece of shit.")
Friday, October 1, 2010
That's it, I'm an Idiot
So far in the last few days I have:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There must be some sort of idiot bug going around, because I caught it, too. In class on Wednesday, I told the students two things that even they knew were wrong. Consequently, they had to correct me. I could actually see my intellectual stock plummet. Later, I found out that I made a mistake in my lesson on Hinduism that they did not catch. Now I have to decide whether to correct the mistake or just let it ride in order to preserve what little authority I have left. Lame.
Post a Comment