The Project Runway finale? What the fuck? Unfortunately, living on the West Coast, I often find out the winner of these various reality things before I actually get to watch them. I can go into a self-imposed media black-out, yet I still find out. So, I didn't have the same shock that everyone else did when they watched the finale, because I already knew who won. But still... What the fuck?
Gretchen? There isn't anything I can say that hasn't already been said on Facebook, Twitter, or an other pop-culture blog, but Gretchen is a horrible person. And her line? I didn't think there was enough hemp in the world to produce that much shitty clothing. Sure, throw some dreads on those models (and about fifty pounds) and you have half of the student body at my university (the other half would be wearing Mondo's clothes while sporting blue curly hair and a bowler hat). I adore our dreadlocked students but that doesn't mean I want to dress like them.
Ugh. Just ugh. I enjoyed this season for many reasons, and one of those reasons was Mondo and his originality. I'm not going to declare I will never watch Project Runway again, but maybe it is time to find new judges. I'm thinking that Michael and Nina have just gotten old. And boring.
Former finalist Laura Bennett had a great take on the whole thing: Team Gretchen Now Accepting Applications.
I found Bennett's post over at the Best Week Ever recap of the Project Runway finale.
And, yes, I know there are much more important things going on this world than the finale of a reality show, but right now, I just don't feel like thinking about them.
1 comment:
My mom - my 64 year-old mother - is in such a fury about the fact that Mondo didn't win, that she's mentally drafting nasty letters to the producers of Project Runway.
I just... Gretchen, man. What the freaking hell?
Post a Comment