Sunday, February 27, 2011

Minnesota on My Mind

I was in the Twin Citied for a few days this week. It's kind of a long story how I ended up going there, so I'm not going into it. But I did get to see a dear old friend and miss two other old friends--because I kind of forgot they lived there.

The friend I saw, TM, has known me longer than anyone other than family. I met her my first week or so of class my freshman year. I had met this guy and he invited me over to his house (it's not what you think.... Okay, maybe it was), but his roommate had locked him out. So, I followed him around campus while he looked for his roommate and a key. In the process, we went to TM's room. And I think that was the night I met everyone else who became the core group of my friends while in school.

And because Minneapolis is close to Wisconsin, and TM works with a couple of Cheeseheads, she was able to get me this:

 Spotted Cow! Spotted Cow! When she handed me the bottle, I squealed. Really. 


And I had some amazing food. The best was a vegan pizza from Pizza Luce. It has tomato sauce, uncheese (made from cashews and tofu), black olives, red onions, mushrooms, and spinach. Vegan or not, this was probably the best pizza I have ever had in my life. Seriously. I can still taste it.

Pizza Luce. Holy shit this was good. 

I drank my weight in Spotted Cow (also known as five bottles), and we called another friend from school--she was part of our core group (I dragged her into the group and introduced her to the father of her daughter). In addition to being in the same group of friends, the three of us lived on the same dorm floor. And after that, TM and I were roommates for another year--until she graduated. 

As always, it was fun. It was needed. TM and I stayed up until 3:00am drinking, talking music, drinking, and talking about boys (that seems to be a common topic in my life at the moment). Did I mention drinking? I woke up the next morning with a hangover the size of a big spotted cow.

And maybe, probably by the end of March, I'll explain why I was in Minnesota. 

No comments: