Friday, March 11, 2011

America's Next Top Model

So, to counterbalance the depressing news from Wisconsin, I thought I would post something about America's Next Top Model, one of the most pointless TV shows to ever exist.

I didn't watch the first couple of episodes, and I doubt I will go back and watch them, because, well, there's no need. So, last night, three episodes in, there is already the bitch, and the "I'm not here to make friends" girl. I'm sure there is at least one girl who is homeless and is doing this as a way to pull her life together--or some such thing.

And then there is the southern belle. The pageant girl. This year, that girl is Jaclyn. I knew it the second she said something about how someone was rude and that there was no need for anyone to talk to another person like that. And then they flashed her name, age, and hometown below confessional. I actually sat up straight when I saw where she was from: Belton, Texas. Why is this important? It's the hometown of Sweet Pickles. As soon as I saw that, my first thought was, "Of course she's from Belton."

So, she's super sweet and cute and nice. So, that means she will either end up turning into an uber bitch, or she will be eaten alive. But I think I have a favorite fairly early in the season.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Is that the one they keep showing on "The Soup" who makes all kinds of naive comments about how people should be more polite? That one's growing on me, despite her kind of squeaky little girl voice.

Sweet Pickles said...

B-Town in the hizzouse! Although I could do without the 'alternative' spelling of her first name.

Yankee Librarian said...

My first thought when I saw her was, "I wonder if Sweet Pickle's mom knows her... or her parents. Doesn't she know everyone?"