Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A New Hobby

When I was a kid I used to cross stitch. A friend of my dad's taught me how. It was easy and accessible and I really enjoyed it. I even went so far as to design simple designs, like making Dad a cross-stitch birthday card based on a picture of an old car. Somewhere along the line, though, I stopped. I don;t remember why.

But, now I knit. Right now I am working on another pair of skull and crossbones socks. I tried one pattern and I wasn't too crazy about it. I got as far as the toe and just stopped. I just wasn't feeling it.

Just about ready to turn the heal.


I hadn't planned on picking up another hobby, especially one that makes me fit that Marian the Librarian mold than I already do. But Mary showed off her Welcome, Tiny Overlord cross stitch based on a pattern at Subversive Cross Stitch. And then I saw this and knew I had to make it. I think this means I have a new hobby.

3 comments:

Just Jess said...

Your socks are amazing!!! I should pick up knitting again, but it's just too hot here to deal with yarn. Good luck cross-stitching, I've been doing a bit of it recently too, super fun! Can't wait to see what you do!

Erin Griggs said...

You know ThinkGeek, right? I get almost all mu husband's presents there, and a few for myself.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/e82d/


But once or twice a year, I get a yen to embroider, and I like Sublime Stitching tromenpatterns.

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! That is a hobby worth having.