Sunday, August 7, 2011

Project Runway is Back!

I may as well get started since this season of Project Runway is now two episodes in. Right now, there are still too many designers to remember their names and whatnot. But, as I told a friend, of all the shitty reality TV I watch, Project Runway is the one I take seriously.

Two episodes in, this is who I like (and I did have to look up their names)

Bert. His week one dress was lovely. And, he said he wanted to push himself. That's why I was really disappointed in his attitude and dress in week two. If you don't want to make dresses out of aquarium rock, they why go on Project Runway. But, still, I think he'll do well.

Anthony, AKA: One-ball Dude. I liked him during week one. I loved him (and his dress) in week two. He should've won.

Becky: I think she is an underdog. Plus, I like her. And the fact that she used to be in a Christian Cult. I liked her Pet Store outfit.

Joshua and Viktor. I liked both of their dresses from the Pet Store challenge, especially Joshua's. But almost more importantly, I liked them together as an incredibly flamboyant and entertaining pair.

Two weeks in, this is who I don't like

Oliver. Raised in Columbus but speaks with a British/Italian/Eurotrash accent. I know, I know... some people pick up accents more than others. But he's, what? 22? He left home when he was 16? He acts like he has never been to the US and does not understand or strange ways. Whatever. But, really, like Bert, I hated his attitude during the Pet Store challenge. If he doesn't work with non-fabric items, why go on Project Runway? And this is my issue with the judges, but since it involves Oliver, I'm dumping it on him: They loved his design. Why? It fit so badly. But more than that, they ripped into the guy they sent home (Josh?) for using fabric. Oliver used fabric. He may have used it better, but he used fabric. And for all their obsession with styling, the judges didn't let those freaky eyebrows count against Oliver. Why the hell not? Maybe he'll win me over, but right now I am not counting on in it.

Anya. First of all, was I the only person not falling over myself to praise the pants she made last week? And am I the only one who thinks she is lying through her teeth about being so inexperienced? But.... I have to admit, I really liked the top she made for the Pet Store challenge.

On a a different note: The upcoming cycle of America's Next Top Model? ALL STARS. I may have to watch this.

1 comment:

cindy w said...

Yeah, you nailed exactly my feelings on this. Oliver, WTF? You're from OHIO. What's with the accent? Do you think you're Madonna? And why is your name pronounced Oliver but you spell it Olivier?

And I also think Anya is lying. As for the pants she did the first week, the back looked pretty good on the model's butt, but the front was awful. They had that crazy long-crotch thing that usually makes Michael Kors yell at people.

And I'm also rooting for Becky because she seems fun. And Anthony One-Ball, because so far his stuff is awesome. I'm iffy on Bert, since I liked him the first week and thought he was an ass the second week. So I'm waiting to see how he turns out.