Random
- I spent all morning staring at a blank Word document trying to write a statement of 50-words or less to finish up some paperwork I have been working on all summer. I was completely blank until I realized what I needed to do was nothing short of technical writing. I sat down, pounded out 34-words in less than a few minutes and read it to the person who mattered. She called it brilliant.
- My other accomplishment of the last two weeks: Two weeks of decent sleep (except last night). I've been stressed for various reasons. Some work, some personal. The work part of it is the constantly running to-do list in my head. It keeps me up at night. I spent some quality time with my Outlook task list and came up with a plan. On the personal side? Well, it's a long story I don't want to get into details. Simply put: I verified something I knew all along.... but that didn't mean it didn't suck. Simply put: I'm annoyed, irritated, pissed, and hurt. And an old friend got all protective of me when I am usually the one who gets all protective of him. It was kind of sweet. So, my secret for a good night's sleep? Better living through chemistry.
- Burt? From Project Runway? I want to like him, but he's becoming a big dick. Joshua (not the one that came back) is also kind of a dick. And I'm happy One-Ball Anthony is still around, but if judging was truly done just by this specific week alone, he should've gone home. But I'm glad he didn't.
- I totally got sucked into The Glee Project over the summer. But the finally? Ugh. It was so twee.
- I'm fascinated by this group of comic-book/D&D geeks at my gym. Why? Because if there was a dictionary entry for "Comic Book Geek" their pictures would be next to the definition. Y'all, one of them has long stringy hair, but the top of his head is bald and shiney. And he's kind of oblong shaped. The other one had a mullet, but he cut it so now he has normal curly hair. Obviously he is the leader. Oh! And when it's cold, they wear long black coats. And now there is a girl working out with them. Seriously, it takes every little bit of will power I have to not stare at them.
No comments:
Post a Comment