- Attend local vegan potluck.
- Do some shopping (bras; general household crap I hate shopping for)
- Normal weekend stuff: Laundry, etc.
- Work on an article I've been avoiding for close to eight months.
- Sort through my closest.
What I really did over the three-day weekend:
Attended vegan potluck. A friend I usually refer to as Library Vegan began organizing local vegan meals. They started as a group of about eight people dining out at vegan-friendly restaurants. Then the idea of a potluck emerged. We've had a few, always hosted by Library Vegan and we had a group of eight to fifteen people. It's been almost a year since the last one, and we had more than 30 people at this one. And so much food. Vegan mac and cheese, chili, couscous, quinoa, vegan pierogis (this made me so very happy), vegan rice crispy bars (this made me ever happier), pretzels, lasagne, and so on and so forth. Good food, good conversation. It was a lovely evening.
Did some shopping. I went to Target. I have a long-time love for Target. When I lived in Mississippi all I wanted was a Target. Now that I have one I rarely go. One reason is because there is Fred Meyer closer to where I live and I can get most of what I would buy at Target at Freddies. But, I also wanted to go bra shopping--something I hate. This all meant a trip to the mall--something else I hate. But it needed to be done. The trip to Target was, um, interesting. The store had been completely rearranged, and I found myself getting out of there without buying much of anything. A first. Bras? Yeah, I bought some. But the big news? I tried on a pair of jeans at Kohl's in my normal size, and you know what? They were too big. Made my day.
Watched movies. Princess Bride. (Always awesome). Overboard (I love this film; I remember watching it with a friend while i was in college. it is the perfect three-day weekend waste-a-day movie). Mr. Mom (Also the perfect waste-a-day movie; also the scene in the waiting room where the two guys and Michael Keaton are trading recipes? The one reciting the recipe? He went to high school with my parents--his dad owned the local funeral home, and it's still named for him. So, in my mind, it is Bruce French's movie.)
Read. I picked up a mindless, trashy, and entertaining novel at Target and a bottle of Three Buck Chuck from Trader Joe's. Win-win.
Weekend stuff. Vacuumed. Laundry. And dropped a box of clumping kitty litter down the front steps. And then it rained. Screw the closets.
Talked to the vet. My other cat, Alexsi is having his own health issues right now. Save for a trip to Seattle and a very expensive test, we will probably never know what is causing his head shakes/tremors (but not they are spreading to his front legs). We're trying a new medicine. If it works, great. If it doesn't, it rules out a few other things.
Did you see "work on article" on the second list? Nope.
No comments:
Post a Comment