Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thanks, Day 11

Today I am thankful for humor. Specifically funny movies. And more specifically, funny movies starring women.

Now, I'm not going to get into that whole women can't be funny thing because it's fucking stupid. But still, there is something special about really funny women.

Last night a friend and I saw Pitch Perfect. It's a cute movie and was entertaining, but what put it over the top into fucking awesome was Rebel Wilson. Rebel is blond, Australian, and awesome. I've seen her in Bridesmaids and Bachelorette (the movie, not the reality television show). I've seen her appearance on Ellen and few other talk shows. Simply put: She's fucking hilarious. And her part in Pitch Perfect as Fat Amy is perfect. Like Melissa McCarthy in Bridesmaids, Rebel stole every single scene she was in.

And speaking of Melissa McCarthy, one of the previews before Pitch Perfect was for her new movie: Identify Thief. I AM SO THERE.

(They also showed the trailer for Les Miserables. I made gaging noises.)

Okay, but in general, I am still thankful for humor. Want me to like you? Make me laugh. I love to laugh.

No comments: