Monday, November 26, 2012

More Kittens

So, two days after getting the new kittens, I had to take them to the emergency vet. Why? Upper respiratory infections. Bad ones.

URIs are normal for new kittens. Sasha got one when I brought him home. It the stress of the new environment, etc. And in a shelter environment they are even more common because URIs are very contagious.

Ivan came home with a URI; Boris caught it. Boris' version got much worse much faster. He began wheezing, couldn't breathe through his nose, and stopped eating. So, while not trying to panic over kittens with colds, when I could hear Boris breathing from another room, I decided it was time to make a trip to the ER vet.

And the doctor on duty? They same one who was with me on Wednesday with Alexsi. After xrays to make sure Boris didn't have pneumonia (he didn't, but his congestion was so bad they couldn't tell if it was in his chest or sinuses), they gave me some food, medication, and cut me a deal on the overall cost.

There is still plenty of wheezing and coughing and sneezing, but the kitty energy has returned.

As I told the vet when I left: I hope not to see you for a very, very long time. No offense.

Now, some pictures and a semi-crappy iPhone video.




Boris on the left, Ivan on the right.
When they aren't in kitten-nap mode, they can be difficult to photograph.

Ivan on the left, Boris on the right.  Kitten-nap mode.

1 comment:

Sweet Pickles said...

Man, those are some squeezable goozles!