Friday, September 15, 2006

Black and White

Pop culture/TV related
Oh Project Runway, how I love thee. Man oh man.

Vincent and Angela returned. And then left. Thank god. As did my sweet, sweet Kayne. I will miss his flamboyant personality. Dresses? Jeffery's sucked. Sucked. He should've been kicked off, not Auf'd, but kicked off the damn show. I hate him. Uli's. You know when she said she was making a hippie dress for a beach party my first thought was, "Really? Big shock." But I liked it, somewhat. It looked similar to the one she was wearing, though. I am getting bored with her dresses. I'm not sure she can make anything else. Like Jeffery, she keeps designing the same damn thing. Laura's. I liked it, I didn' tlove it, but I liked it. She did move outside her comfort zome but still kept a level of sophistication most of her clothes have. Michael? He rocked it. He was robbed.

Let me say something about Michael: He is a gentleman. It could be the southern upbringing. It could be because he is a mama's boy and she (figuratively) beat the politeness into him. Or it could be a combo of both. But if you watch past episodes you will see how he reacts to other people when they win: he is happy for them. He smiles and claps. He says "congratulations." There is no eye-rolling. There is no posturing (I'm looking at you Jeffery, Keith, and Vincent). He is a grown up about it. That's class.

Rock Star Super Nove? Dilana was robbed. I think the boys in the band were scared of her.

Work related
I had something library-related to mention, but I forgot what it was. I have to pay my ALA membership this month. Shesh. It's something like $165 or $175 this year. I know ALA, RUSA, and all those other groups have increased costs, etc., but damn, it is expensive to belong to ALA. I also registered for ALA Midwinter (Hello, Seattle!).

Family related
Last night my sister-in-law told me I had 24 hours to finish the blanket I am knitting for the new baby. She also told me all kinds of things (like where the baby's head is, etc.) about pregnancy and her body that I really didn't need to know. My youngest niece spent a few minutes breathing into the phone, and then crying for five minutes when my brother put her down. Then my brother spent 20 minutes relating what the people on the Cy-Hawk Talk Show were saying and complaining about Hawkeye fans. This weekend is the big Iowa-Iowa State game. My brother is a rabid ISU fan (and alum), and I am a half-hearted Iowa fan, so I guess I am supposed to care. I just hope Iowa wins so I can point and laugh at my brother. He's gonna be pointing and laughing at me all season because the Packers suck, so I want one chance to do it to him.

Soon I will be heading up north to take care of legal issues relating to Dad's death. My brother and I will also take on the task of sorting through Dad's stuff. We have a blended family--stepmom and stepbrothers. I consider them my family, but this could get sticky. We're all pretty level-headed, though, so hopefully it will all work out fine.

No comments: