Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You know what today is?

The season premier of Project Runway! Woo!

And you know what? After the day I've had, I've decided I need to sit at home and wallow in the Tyra ego trip that is American's Next Top Model and bask in Tim Gunn's awesomeness on Project Runway.

So how was my day? I'm glad you asked.

I got to work to find that my computer had a disk error. Whatever. I ignored it and restarted. Now, my computer has been acting weird--running slow, my personal setting weren't loading, but since I am scheduled to get a new computer before Thanksgiving, the IT people and I decided it was best to just let my computer limp along. So, I restarted. It runs painfully slow, but as the morning progresses, it gets better. I make some progress on a deadline I have on Friday and things seem fine.

I go to lunch. And spill stuff on my shirt. Of course.

I go back to my computer and it locks up. I try to shut programs down and it is just completely locked. So I shut it down. On restart I get a black screen. I try again. Black screen. Again? Same things. I grabbed an IT guy and he didn't know so we grabbed another IT guy. He reinstalled Windows. This was about 1:00. When I left work at 4:00-ish, it was still trying to install. I declared it dead.

So, in the meantime, I leave the library to scan an image. While I am scanning I am sending emails to people, asking them to resend files they had sent me over the last few days. And our webmail went down.

And then it began to rain. And I forgot my umbrella at home.

That's when I decided I had to leave.

I was going to go to the gym, but it's raining and I don't feel like it.

So, a pizza, ANTM, and Project Runway and I are going to spend an evening on the sofa.

No comments: