...a day late.
I posted stuff about what I was thankful for last year, really, it hasn't changed any. I am still thankful for my family, friends, and my cats.
My mom was here a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen my brother and his family since last Christmas. Last night was the first time I had actually spoken to my stepmom since last Christmas--the last time I had any communication with her was my birthday in May. I like my family and I think they are awesome, but I saw a lot of them last year. I needed a break. I will see them all next month, and, yes, I am excited. My brother is still a rock, and my mom still puts up with our crap. They're pretty cool.
My friends. I spent last night with a group of twenty or so people. We ate lots of food, there were desserts galore, and the alcohol was flowing. I can't think of a better Thanksgiving: hanging out with a group of friends, talking, eating, drinking, and laughing. I am thankful for them. I am thankful for their company and their friendship. And an amazing thing has happened over the last month or two, hanging out with my friends, enjoying myself, I have learned that this place isn't so bad. It still drives me crazy. I still think it is isolated. But these are good people, and finding another group like this would be very difficult. I'm thankful that they've allowed me to see that my life isn't as crappy as I thought it was.
My job. I never thought to be thankful for my job, but I am. I love what I do. In the past I haven't always been happy with the way things were going, but things are changing, I'm getting new opportunities, and I am beginning to enjoy myself again.
And right now I am thankful for crappy daytime TV, fuzzy pajamas, and mid-afternoon naps--and the fact that I have two more days where I can sleep in and be lazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment