Mississippi and Tennessee: Nothing much new. I've made this drive hundreds of times. The difference this time was that I crossed the Mississippi Bridge into Arkansas.
I55 in Mississippi
Arkansas: I55 in Arkansas is long, dull, and boring.
Missouri: I spent the bulk of Sunday driving through Missouri. You know you've driven from Arkansas to Missouri because you begin seeing Adult Entertainment billboards. They are often flanked by fireworks and Love Jesus signs.
The Missouri bootheel is dull and boring. And flat. When you get into Saint Genevieve it begins to get hilly and interesting. Hwy 61 (revisited) north of Saint Louis is slightly hilly but nothing spectacular. Of course, right before you cross the border into Iowa there is a large fireworks superstore. Fireworks are illegal in Iowa.
Iowa: Hwy 27 and then Hwy 218. When I crossed into Iowa I got excited. This is when I began to realize I as moving, that I had left Mississippi for good. I stopped at a gas station shortly before Mount Vernon. First thing I noticed: the smell of cow shit. It's spring in Iowa.
1 comment:
Yankee Librarian, would you please contact me? I'd like to use a photo of the boring highway in a roadway design guide... as an example of what "not" to do. Thanks, Emily
eharner@hntb.com
Post a Comment