Saturday, October 4, 2008

Random Stuff

I felt like I should post something...

Let's see... So far this week I watched the VP debate. Palin terrifies me even more after having watched that. But I am cautiously optimistic about Obama's chances in November. He is pulling ahead, and McCain and Co. are getting desperate enough that they are attacking Obama's character and contacts. Obama's response was basically that the American people are too smart to fall for your last grasp. Thank god someone finally said it.

I had my first instruction session at the new university library. I had two hours. Two hours all to myself. They students seem interested and responded, and said stuff... I was pleasantly surprised.

I worked my first night desk shift. It was looooong. And students here, while pretty smart, don't respond to the Librarian Evil Eye when talking on their cell phones. I got used to southern students who would look ashamed when you would glare at them for doing anythings slightly wrong. And then they would apologize. Not so much around here.

I went to a librarian's drink night Friday. I got there kind of late ("late" being 6:00 for adults with children. Or old people.) . But they all seemed nice. met another person from Wisconsin. I don't know what it is about Wisconsin and the Pacific Northwest, but there are a lot of them out here.

I either have a cold or allergies. It's annoying.

It was windy here today. Weather.com said we were having gusts of 29 mph, but there were wind advisories saying gusts up to 40 mph. Whatever it was, it rattled the windows so much I had to close the bedroom window. And there were a whole lot of whitecaps on the bay. When I wasn't trying to clan, I was watching a couple of boats bob up and down in the water. At one point I thought one of them would capsize.

LJ is coming out next week. We're gonna bum around town for a day and a half, maybe drive to Canada (maybe not), and then head to Seattle for the Packers-Seahawks game. Given the injury of Aaron Rodgers, I don't expect it to be much of a game. Wait, what was that? Rodgers? Injured? I know! It's a shock! That man couldn't stay healthy when he was a back-up, why would he stay healthy when he was starting? But, anyway, I figure it will be chance to hang out in Seattle, see some friends, drink some beer, and have a good time.

No comments: