Sunday, November 30, 2008

And Thanksgiving...

Was kind of "eh." Kevin invited me to Seattle for the day and night. Even though I thought I might regret it later, I decided not to go. I'd just had dental work, my mouth was throbbing, I was exhausted, and I'd been having a crappy week. I knew I would have a hard time being "on" while being around a bunch of people. So, I declined the invite. I do kind of regret it, but I know I wouldn't've been in a good mood.

I made the Tofurkey and it was kind of "bleh." It all tasted very onioney to me. It may have been the gravy, it may have been the fact that everything I ate tasted crappy due to my recent dental work. I tried it again the next day and it wasn't as bleh. But I don't think I will get one again.

Some friends and I watched Hairspray (the original) that night. I don't think they enjoy John Waters' campiness as much as I do. But we drank wine and coffee and ate tomato-soup cake (a WWII recipe when there was lack of milk and eggs). It sounded disgusting, but it was really very good. And the vegan pumpkin pie was pretty good.

The rest of the break was spent trying to stay dry since it rained for several days--yesterday it was actual rain and not mist. And it was amazingly foggy. There is a Horizon Lines ship docked in the bay--it's pretty close to my apartment. At times the fog was so thick that I couldn't even see the ship.

Today is lovely and the sun is out. I had planned on taking a nice long walk if the sun was out since I know sunny days will soon be few and far between. But I woke up this morning with a head full of snot and I felt like someone beat me up while I was sleeping. And once again, everything tastes gross, except this time it's from snot and not dental work.

Great.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That's just a cruel double-whammy, having the nasty dental taste and now the snot taste in such rapid succession. I love winter, but I hate that damn snot taste.

Yankee Librarian said...

At this point I can't tell the difference between dental-work-taste and snot taste. it all blends together after a certain amount of time.