Monday, November 3, 2008

Sick, Again

I'm home sick, again. I'll probably be home tomorrow, too.

I have some sort of infection. I'm going with sinus related since the left side of my face is swollen to at least twice its normal size and my sinuses hurt, as do my ears and throat. I don't know that the doctor at the Walk-in Clinic agreed with my self-diagnosis, though. At first he thought it was teeth but since I was just at the dentist on Thursday for a cleaning, he didn't think that was it. He also wondered if it was an infection in the tissue of my face, but he didn't feel anything that indicated that was the problem. So... I look life half a chimpmunk, and I'm in pain.

Speaking of pain, I went to Walgreen's to get my prescriptions filled. I'm taking antibiotics and vicodin. Go drugs! While I was wandering Walgreen's I was able to hear the pushy Asian pharmacist. I wouldn't say she yelled, but she was very forceful and direct. She was having an animated discussion with this older gentleman when I got there. He thought his insurance could cover more or he was told i would cover more than it did ... either way, you get the idea. I could hear her saying things like, "No, you are no listening to me. They lied to you. I am telling you the truth." Followed by, "No, you are not listening to me. I've told you this five times..." Finally they came to an agreement and she said, "Eight hundred dollar! I just saved you $800. You should take me to lunch."

So, for the next couple of days I will be sleeping, holding a heating pad to me face and sleeping. I'm wondering is the vicodin will make the election returns that much more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're sick. Although I really wish I had some vicodin to get me through Election Day tomorrow.