Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dear Winter,

The snow was fun; I enjoyed it. The cold wasn't even that bad. It was all invigorating, nifty, and fun to play in. I got to make snow angels and be reminded of what was fun about winter: snow days, watching it snow, the calm and quiet after it snows.

But, Winter? I'm good now, thanks. I don't want any more. And worse? I don't appreciate your uncertainty. Will we get four inches or 12 inches? Will we have 30 MPH winds or 90? What about ice? Do you want to really mix it up and toss in some freezing rain?

Or are you yanking everyone's chain just to get a good laugh? Because you really messed with a lot of heads around here. Snow that stays on the ground for more than two days? Why do we need a snowplow? Snow melts, we don't need to do anything with it. That was enough, but then to send more snow on top of the snow people were expecting to melt? Hilarious!

So, thank you for stopping by. I enjoyed our visit, but really, it's time for you to leave. I miss Rain. It's been a while since he came to visit. And while you're at it, on you way out the door, can you remind Mr. Mountain that I'm not a fan of his winds?

Thanks,
Yankee Librarian

No comments: