Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day!

It wasn't a total snow day since they just sent us home early, but still. It was a partial snow day.

The snow started sometime early morning. There was a dusting when I woke up. I didn't think we were going to get all that much because it was pretty light and sporadic this morning, but it picked up in the early afternoon.

My view while drinking my coffee this morning


I'm not sure how much we got, but I would say about five inches or so. I think it is supposed to continue off and on until tomorrow. It was light, fluffy snow which is unusual here. Because it's so damp and usually doesn't get super cold, the snow is more like that stuff we used to get in April--wet, heavy, and sloppy. Not today. Today was light and fluffy.

After taking a snow day nap, a friend (from New England) and I decided to go for a walk. We just wandered down the street and took pictures before it got too dark.

View up the hill.

Grainy shot of the trees and pink sky


Grainy shot of the trees and pink sky, part two


Whenever it snows I have to fight the urge to make snow angels. I love making snow angels, and this was perfect snow angel snow (but not perfect snowball snow). Just before we went back inside, L and I decided to give in to our snow angel urge. It was awesome and very cold. I think my ass froze. My camera battery was going dead so I just took one shot of my snow angel, It's far from good, but it is photographic proof.

Snow Angel!



No comments: