Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Return of Canadian TV

I don't know why it took me so long to finally watch Canada's Next Top Model. It's hosted by Jay Manuel and isn't nearly wanna-save-the-worldy as Tyra's borefest has become. Or as comical or overblown or stupid--and I mean those things as bad, not good (there is a difference). Don't get me wrong, Canada's Next Top Model has its moments, but it isn't an ego fest where Tyra Banks refers to herself as "Mama" at least once an episode. Makes me wish I would've watched from the beginning.

And where the hell have I been when this show was on? I know Spectacle: Elvis Costello with... is a Sundance thing, but I didn't know it was on CTV, too.

I'd kind of forgotten about Canadian TV.... I need to start paying attention again.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Canada's Next Top Model. Fascinating!

We used to get a bunch of Canadian TV channels on the satellite we had (briefly) when I was a kid...I remember watching Canadian Sesame Street instead of the U.S. version. (Although the only difference seemed to be that they substituted the Spanish lessons with segments featuring a French-speaking polar bear & beaver duo.)

Yankee Librarian said...

There's a Canadian Idol--which I love. There's Canadian version of So You Think You Can Dance. I think it's called So You Think You Can Dance Canada (original, I know). It runs later in the year since Canadian TV shows the US version, too.

As for Top Model, I know there's an Australian Top Model and a Britain's Top Model. I believe there are many others as well.