Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Moving. Maybe.

No, I'm not moving.

But I am thinking about moving my blog. I've been checking out WordPress and it has more features and seems a lot more user friendly than Blogger.

But here's the thing, someone already has the name Yankee Librarian over at WordPress. It doesn't look like an active blog, but it's still there. I could get URL just for me and that's pretty cool. But here's the thing: I started this blog with the intention of it being kind if a pop culturey librarian blog, but that never happened. So I am thinking about shutting down this blog (not deleting it, just shutting down comments) and moving over to WordPress under a different name. Same type of content and all, just a new location, and a new name.

Why? Well, there is what I mentioned above. This blog really doesn't have anything to do with being a librarian. But, also, Sweet Pickles gave me the name Yankee Librarian when I first moved to the South because I was the Yankeeist Yankee he had ever met. It worked when I was down South, but I'm not anymore. It's still a cute name, and I like it, but is it all that relevant now?

So, dear readers (all four of you), I need your opinions. Should I move? Should I change the name? If I do change the name, to what? I'm feeling unoriginal and uninspired and need your creativity.

7 comments:

Frenchie said...

pacifical yankee? surely no one has that.

cindy w said...

I am *terrible* at thinking of names. If I had a shred of creativity, I would've come up with a different name for mine, but I stuck with a stupid nickname that I had when I was 18 years old.

But, I do give a solid "YES" vote to moving to WordPress. I moved ages ago & I love it. It's much more fun to tweak than Blogger.

Just Jess said...

Hmmm. As with hair color, shoes, and underwear, I think you can change your outlook/style/blog identity as often as you feel compelled to do so!...Just so long as you keep me posted on the new locale!

Names are a fascination of mine (clearly not exemplified in my lame blog name), so I'll try to think of something fun.

Debbie said...

How about Cranky Librarian?

Yankee Librarian said...

I got WCFC's comment to post. It wasn't working earlier, but now it is. Go figure.

But, yes, Cranky. I like that word. A lot Cranky. I am cranky, and I am a librarian. But I kinda want to get away from the Librarian Blog thing.

Maybe "Kinda Cranky." Because I am kinda cranky.

Mary said...

I've thought about migrating to WordPress, too, but ultimately I've been far too lazy to actually try. haha

Debbie said...

I didn't mean to emphasize the cranky part, I just thought it sounded funny. But if you like it, maybe you could go with:

Hanky-Cranky
or (my new favorite)
Cranky, with Cats