I was having a shitty day today. Not for one particular reason, just a lot of various things. I get really anxious this time of year. I get anxious about traveling, I stress about buying presents, this that and whatever. Add to this that one of my cats is recovering from a fever and other gross stuff. And then there is the weather.
Yesterday I was in a great mood. It was almost 50 degrees out and sunny. Then last night it began to rain. And I mean real rain, not the misty stuff we usually have. About 1:00 AM I woke up to this loud rushing sound. I realized it was the wind. I guess we had gusts from 40 to 70 MPH. And it never really got any better. The temperature dropped twenty degrees in ten minutes, the rain turned to hail, it began to thunder, and then the fog rolled in. Most of the day I could barely see across the street.
This time of year can really send me into a funk, and today I was in a funk.
Then a colleague (and friend) yelled from his office, "Hey, Yankee Librarian, what can we [he and the other Lost Boys I work with] do to annoy you?" My response: "Exist." One of those Lost Boys is my boss. In no uncertain terms, I told him that today was not the day to pick on me.
That's when he said, "You have to see this."
This, was this:
I completely lost it. I couldn't stop laughing. And then I saw this comment below the video "Next up on the Donny & Marie Osmond show: 'Fuck Tha Police'."
And you know what? My day was a little brighter after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment